Tuesday 14 June 2011

Angel

As soon as my mother starts snoring I go for a walk through the Old City, down to the river to watch the tourists being taken across to the gold souks in flat bottom boats. The men stare at me as though I’m from another planet and so I stare right back with my best baboon face.  I am so hot though, I decide I will just have to brave the leering and keep wearing my shorts and a sleeveless top. Hoards of Coca Cola kids wearing Chucks follow women in black and kick up dust in the markets. When I finally get back to the hotel after lots of wrong turns down some really scary alleyways my mother’s pacing round and round the courtyard followed by a weird guy holding a sign that reads: “Cheap Camel Safari”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

London, United Kingdom
Writer, Coach and Presentations Trainer, Actress, Director